THE LIGHTS WENT OUT



It was a windy evening. My family had decided to go fishing and as I was studying for an exam and  I decided not to go with them.

I remember I took all my books and put them on the small table we have in the living room, as well as my pencil case which was full of highlighters and pens.

I went to the kitchen, made a coffee and when it was ready I sat in front of all my books. It took a while to make up my mind and open one of the books. I read the first line, and suddenly the lights went off. I really hate when that happens, especially when I am alone and I have no idea where the candles or even the matches are.

Outside, it was completely dark and I could hear people talking on the sidewalk. However, I couldn't move. I was petrified. I stood up and walked to the door and kept there still, waiting for the lights to come back or at least, my parents.

I will never forget that day because not only was I afraid of darkness but also in  a two-floor house which I hardly knew as we were just spending our holidays there, and getting the feeling of being alone in a strange place without being able to see anything is something I don't wish on anybody.


Resultado de imagen de house darkness

Comentaris

Entrades populars d'aquest blog